Sunday, April 22, 2012

Squawker Classic Road Race

Well, it wasn't really a road race as it was so short, only 20 miles. But 4 times up E 8th Ave is enough! Peloton was shedding people out the back from the gun, but I managed to stay in there until the first ascent of 8th. Very quickly split into a lead few, a chase group, and the rest of us strung out. Worked with a couple others for the next lap, but couldn't catch the chase group, was a hundred meters behind at the top of 8th, then never saw them again. Beau took off, and he did manage to catch them, Matt and I worked together for lap 3, then he dropped off on the 3rd ascent of 8th. So it was a solo last lap. Again, haven't seen the results so I don't know how far back I was - but was proud that I pushed threshhold on each ascent, and kept the power up on all the other sections of the course except the long descent down College - needed some recovery! All in all, a great block of intensity training!

No comments:

Post a Comment